Applying kiwi grip has been the easiest thing I've ever done on a boat. We
did our cockpit non-skid areas a couple of years ago and it looks great. We
applied more to the cabin top after refinishing and rebedding the handrails
this spring. Since I plan on refinishing the rest of the cabin top and deck
non-skid, I did minimal prep as an experiment - just a rough sanding,
cleaning, and taping. I normally fret a lot about prep. The whole thing was
super quick with just the single coat. It looks great and no evidence of
any trouble so far. The fact that you most likely do not need a primer or
multiple coats makes it pretty economical, especially considering the time
savings.

My only gripe is that rougher textures can be a little hard to keep clean,
but that doesn't seem unique to kiwi grip. There are tons of great videos
and info on getting various textures. I went with a foam roller on the
cabin top to get a smoother look.

The kiwi grip I got last spring came in plastic pouches instead of cans.
You just squeeze it out as you go, and it keeps very well. It's actually
pretty fun.

Regards,
Stephen
C&C 25