De : Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Envoyé : Saturday, January 30, 2021 4:54:05 PM
À : C&c Stus List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc : Dave S <syerd...@gmail.com>
Objet : Stus-List masthead sheave thoughts?

My all-rope main halyard is wearing somewhat after 4 seasons or so, and I
should probably replace it..

It is often stated that when transitioning from wire/rope to all rope halyards,
that sheaves must be replaced with an appropriate type, presumably without any
wire groove.

The main halyard is the widest of all of the 5 lines that pass over these
sheaves, and is as large an OD as the sheave can accommodate.   It is also the
most often used, and when at the dock is attached to the end of the boom, so it
is subject to chafe than the others, even in repose.

Is the wear I'm seeing a result of this shallow groove in the sheave, the
diameter of the halyard, or is it simply normal wear under the circumstances?

If I should replace the sheave, can anyone suggest a source and type?

pics here:

https://cncwindstar.blogspot.com/2021/01/new-sheaves.html

Thanks!

Dave 33-2 Windstar.