FWIW, I sent my OEM "veed for wire" sheaves to Zepherwerks and he made me new
sheaves for rope and new axles too.   He called me and said the sheaves didn't
need replacing, but I chose to do it as I can't see doing all that work to put
old parts back in.  He was very reasonable.  Now is a good time to do it.

Chuck S