From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:56 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Heavy spinnaker sizing vs medium/light for 33-2

A heavy weather chute should have narrow shoulders.  It should be fully
hoisted.  Failure to fully hoist in heavy weather will increase the potential
for oscillation and loss of control.

While we're on heavy weather spin flying, on Touche', we never ever let the
center seam cross to the weather side of the forestay.  That is, we prefer a
slightly reaching trim as opposed to a dead downwind trim.  Trimming the
chute's center seam to weather of the forestay increases the chances of
oscillation and ultimately a death roll.

I'd rather broach than do a death roll!

To answer the question, talk to your sailmaker.  This chute sounds a wee bit
short to me.

  --

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 11:22 AM Joel Aronson via CnC-List