I have a Yanmar 2GMF which calls for 2 quarts of oil...I use 2 quarts of oil every change...always do it when the boat is in the water just before Fall haulout as the oil pan is most likely level. And I use a larger Napa oil filter than the small Yanmar filter.

But 6 quarts of oil....what marine diesel engine requires 6 quarts....my V6 car engine only takes +4 quarts?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S