This may help...I took the oil pan off our 3GM30F because I lost a piece of
tape off the oil extractor hose when it was in the dipstick tube. (Yes, I
know I'm an idiot).
I discovered that the oil extractor hose actually hits the top of the
suction thingy on the bottom of the engine, so it never actually gets near
the bottom unless you are really lucky. It really does take 2.6 litres of
oil, which I verified when I refilled it. I have almost never got more than
2 litres out/in on a regular oil change. I seriously considered putting a
banjo fitting on the bottom of the oil pan so I could drain it from the
bottom, but I got nervous about drilling a large hole into an expensive
aluminum casting and chickened out.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III