Years ago a small piece of wood came up thru the shaft log into the bellows and
wedged itself between the stainless and graphite rings. The boat sank
overnight.
The moral of this story is that you should periodically check the pressure of
the bellows.
My stainless ring had slipped.

Fred Hazzard
S/V Fury