Not to mention that this piece of wood had to drift through the shaft log and
the bellows before reaching the seal.

Marek
From: Robert Boyer via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 11:56 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Robert Boyer <dainyr...@icloud.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: PSS Stuffing Box

Fred:

I’ve never heard or imagined anything so strange.  First, the shaft seal is a
good foot or more below the waterline.  Pieces of wood generally float—so they
would normally be near the surface of the water.  And then have a piece of wood
lodge between the stainless and graphite seal on top of all that!  I would
think the odds of that happening by natural occurrence would be astronomical.
Bob Boyer
s/v Rainy Days
C&C Landfall 38 (Hull # 230)
(Spending winters in warm places, and summers on the Chesapeake Bay)
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com
email: dainyr...@icloud.com<mailto:dainyr...@icloud.com>