I've replaced my rudder 3 times since I've moved to Nova Scotia. Trucking industry needs better training for truck drivers.  I'm with you Mike, I really wouldn't want to remove it every year.  Every other year is bad enough.  I now put down pylons and whatever bulky items I can find around the yard to alert people they are backing into my boat!  Njord and I suffered the same fate, same delivery driver, 2 different clubs one year.  I think I've exhausted the used rudder market in Nova Scotia, so next one will be my
buddies in CCI, Ottawa.

Cheers,
   Jeff Nelson
   Muir Caileag
   C&C30 - 0549

On 2022-01-05 16:40, Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List wrote:

Last year we dropped the rudder on Persistence to replace the rudder bushings.

After going through that process once I cannot imagine how annoying it would be to remove the rudder every year! (unless I was sailing a Laser)

I have been following this thread with interest – and yes this list is amazing!

Mike Hoyt

Persistence

Halifax, NS

www.hoytsailing.com