Richard:

Not right this minute, but sure.  What’s your direct e-mail address?  Stu’s
site doesn’t do photos.

As I understand it, there were two Baltic 42s: the older one was a sistership
hull of my boat; the newer one looked more IOR.  I’ve been around long enough
to have observed C&C’s evolution from more swept back keels (e.g., original C&C
33, 35, 39) to later models with IOR-style keels (more vertical).  It’s like
looking at the evolution from monkeys to humans – later keels are more upright.
 The 42 Custom started to straighten out the keel, but it’s more swept back
than the 34 and 36 that came out in the late-70s.  The deck is mostly flush but
has “go fast” windows.  The Admiral wishes it had more/bigger windows.  Despite
the mostly flush deck, there is ample headroom down below due to the large
freeboard.  She is an imposing boat for a 42, and still a bit of a head-turner.
 My boat was the pride of the Mentor Harbor Yacht Club when I raced against her
as a kid.

Rob:

                I had a funny feeling you were involved with this boat.  Rob
Ball said he designed the steering system (along with other things, no doubt).
I understand that of the six that were made, five are still in regular use.
One was being sold out of Chicago a couple years ago.

Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound.  I look forward to seeing
you this summer (assuming Trudeau and Biden wise up).

Matt