Some thoughts on sealants.  Sealants are primarily silicone, polysulfide,
polyurethane and blends of them.  Add to that butyl rubber.

First, as a rule, I like butyl for any hardware that has the potential to
flex or move.  Chainplates fit that criteria.

My default sealant for most everything else except plastic is LifeSeal.
For plastic I generally use silicone.

Here's a reference for where to use sealants:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12WmFxRiqzUw2xiqLaEtfBpS1pYocZID-/view?usp=sharing

Note that Life Calk is a polysulfide.  Do not use polysulfide for plastic.
LifeSeal is a blend of silicone and polyurethane.
4200 is polyurethane.  I don't use 4200.  Got too many partially cured
tubes.  Look at the expiration date before you buy.

5200 is NOT a sealant.  It's an adhesive.  From the 3M website:

"3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 is a one-component, high-strength,
moisture-curing, gap-filling polyurethane for permanent bonding of wood,
gelcoat and fiberglass."  Note the word "permanent"!

A bit off the subject, but Flexpaste seems to fix gouges in rubber rub
rails fairly well.  Who'd a thunk it?  An "as seen on TV product" that
actually works on a boat!
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83