Thank you so much for all the additional helpful messages on this thread.

Neil, I don't see a way to private message from this thread. My email is just
my first and last name with a period between at Gmail. I'll be at the boat,
Fidelis, at evers Marina all the time till she can launch and is ready to sail.

Only thing, I need to finish the outside of the boat, since there's potentially
only a couple days to get the boat in the water before the marina owner, who's
the only crane operator at this marina, says he leaves for the season and the
crane gets taken away for good. They're only taking  powerboats here now on, as
no crane is  required. So, if one can really be sure the keel won't potentially
drop at all in front if the front keel bolt comes off while in, water,
potentially also letting water in  that would be great. Then I could, do this
in the water.

Thank you for the extra info, Neil and Dennis. I'm still looking around to see
if I can find some reasonably priced high strength (epoxy?) fiberglass board to
make things simpler. But, seems like fiberglassing from scratch would be a much
better deal.

What thickness/ weight glass did you each use? How much glass and resin did you
end up using?

It sounds like you put the cardboard forms, a box without sides or a top in the
case of the mast support, in the bilge and then started fiberglassing inside
that. Did you tape them to make sure they didn't move. Did you wrap them in
plastic film, so you could peel them away after?

You just edge joined each strip to the bilge sides to keep everything flat,
instead of trying bending/ tabbing to the sides at all, right?

Also, is there any issue with cutting away that transverse strip of floor with
an access hole over the forward keel bolt and re-attaching it later, perhaps
with screws? In fact, it would be really nice to drop the sole 2 to 3 inches in
the walkway or whatever is possible for better headroom and cut the floor into
pieces that pop in and out for better access if ever needed - though I don't
know if there's a structural function provided by the floor/ liner that would
be compromised. If feasible, perhaps doing this at the same time could be a
possibility and provide better access? There's also a vertical wooden floor
board starboard of the mast that looks like it's gotten soft. Would be nice to
replace all such wood.

Also, I didn't realize that the mast support is actually all wood covered in a
thin layer of fiberglass until reading the discussion here. The covering made
it look like a big block of resin with a board underneath it. I'm guessing I
could deal with this later. I can only feel a very slight bit of bowing
underneath the support and there's just some dog eared corrosion on the end of
the mast step that can be seen in pictures.

Thank You!

Hope it never comes to a c&c trawler, Joe.

Hope the sail patches up all right. Charles. My boat was in Maryland before I
had her.