On 6/29/12 6:27 PM, Parthasarathy, Balaji (BCS, Cupertino, USA) wrote:

Is that mirror path  right? I don't have the /repodata/ part in mine.
I'm somewhat of a newbie to cobbler, so I don't know if that matters.
Tony Schreiner
Hi Tony,

Yes, the mirror path is correct. I basically walked down the path with my
browser,
starting from the Fedora mirror list web page, to verify that the path exists.
Then
I copied and pasted the path directly from the browser address bar. (I ssh into
the
cobbler server from my Mac to do a lot of my work with cobbler.)

Thanks

Bob
Bob,
I think Tony is correct. When giving a repo path to yum, you should exclude the
'repodata' sub directory. If a repo location is http://some_server/some_dir,
yum will look for the directory 'repodata' under that and try to find files
like 'repomd.xml'. If you gave http://some_server/some_dir/repodata as the repo
location, yum will again look for a 'repodata' directory under that and fail
since it won't find it.

Balaji
Hi Balaji,

Thank you so much for telling me this! I will 'cobbler repo edit' the repo URL and see what happens. Thank you for spotting my error!

Bob