If you want to use OpenGL for your GUI, that's always an option, but again you're on your own here. Cocoa provides very little support for this (outside of the generic NSOpenGLView).

Honestly I think most people don't appreciate how much stuff you get "for free" in Cocoa, but you learn pretty fast when you get to reimplement it yourself! :)

colo wrote:
Thats silly. eh' i'm not going to argue I have no need to just yet, I
still need to learn the detailed basics. But what of using opengl for
the gui then? The Blender app utilizes this to the effect.

On 4/1/08, Rob Keniger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 On 01/04/2008, at 10:58 PM, colo wrote:
 > Is their no common toolkit like css for Cocoa GUI ?

No. This is largely because Mac applications are supposed to have a
 consistent user interface. You can read more about this in the Apple
 Human Interface Guidelines:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/

 If you want controls with a custom look you have to modify or replace
 the existing controls.

 > Or hell just use css for building the apps interface? No a widget but
 > a real cocoa app.

You could make your application window contain one big WebKit view and
 make your application a hybrid web/Cocoa application. It would be more
 complex than a standard Cocoa app though.

 --

Rob Keniger