Bob,

Scott took the words right out of my keyboard... ;^} Have you taken a look at the QCTV sample code? It does almost exactly what you want.

regards,

douglas

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:16 PM, Scott Anguish wrote:

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:05 PM, Bob Smith wrote:

In my case all I want to do is be able to add a scrolling text overlay to whatever video is being played. My app is an informational video kiosk display driver, it's meant to run mostly unattended from playlists of images and pre-recorded video, but with occasional scheduled live segments from streaming video cameras on the local network. I'll take a look at Core Animation, however one of my limitations is the app has to run under Tiger, and I thought most of the CA stuff was new to Leopard.

Would using Quartz Composer directly be an option for your app?

I don't know about the performance issues, but overlaying text on top of video should be easy this way.