On 25.04.2008, at 11:17, Bob Smith wrote:

Well, I'm glad I had an excuse to play around with Quartz Composer; I knew about it but had never spent any time with it, very cool! Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my immediate problem. As far as I can tell, compositions won't play streaming video at all. They work great with movies from files, and with local live sources (iSight, DV). But giving the "Image With Movie" patch an .sdp file just results in a static QuickTime logo, it never shows any actual video.

IIRC QCPerformer is the sample that shows how to
- use a CVDisplayLink for VBL-synched movie decoding
- feed the result via OPenGL into Quartz Composer,

that might be what you want to throw into the QCTV source mixer...

Regards,
        Tom_E