On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Scott Ribe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Forward references are what the concepts docs are for, but for some
>> reason, they don't seem to be serving that purpose for some people.
>> I'm not sure why.
>
> I get the feeling that some people never notice the "Companion Guides"
> section at the top of the class references. They're right there at the top;
> I don't know what Apple could do to make them more obvious. But much of the
> discussion re docs seems to indicate that some people remain totally unaware
> of these guides...

Yeah I get that feeling as well... The conceptual documentation is
good and has been getting better and better. Also the getting starting
docs lead you down the paths you need to follow. Not sure how to get
folks to find the information that is in front of them. I guess folks
are a little impatient and don't want to read things closely enough...

IMHO grab a book or two, hit up http://www.cocoadevcentral.com/ (etc.)
and MOST IMPORTANTLY read the getting started and conceptual
documentation in all of the areas that the book and online tutorials
touch on.

More often then not when someone asks a question on this list I am
able to type a few words into google scoped to Apple's developer site
and hit on the conceptual docs that I can then link to help answer the
question. So I find the information exists and is usually more then
sufficient (when not I file feedback).

-Shawn