Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:51:07 -0400
From: Andy Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  * Objective-C allows you to create categories, effectively modifying
a class's interface at runtime.

C# provides "partial" class implementations for when you want to split functionality across multiple module files (one use of categories). When doing this, you have complete access to the class's private and protected members, and the implementation is truly part of the class.

When you are accessing only the public API for a class, C#'s extension methods provide the same sort of syntax, but via static methods that the compiler handles so as to make them look like they are part of the original class.

Someone else addressed the IB implementation question, in a far more authoritative way than I could have, so I'll leave that one alone.

Pete