On May 20, 2008, at 01:49, Alex Kac wrote:

I think one of the issues here is you're comparing .NET - which is not the primary Windows framework - to Cocoa - which is. They are comparable and many people do compare them, but truthfully most commercial software on Windows will not be written with .NET

Huh? That is not my experience.

.NET is pushed by Microsoft for IT apps and custom apps, not for commercial apps even though there are some. I have used .NET and really really like it, but I simply view Cocoa and .NET as two frameworks for different purposes. Yes, Cocoa can be used for custom IT apps much like .NET, but .NET is optimized for that purpose.

What are "IT apps"? This is a weird distinction.

Sorry, don't buy that.