Am 19.05.2008 um 22:36 Uhr schrieb Peter Duniho:

But not the sort of compelling "we really need the language to be this way otherwise it just doesn't work" example I was hoping for.

There is no such example. As was already pointed out, you can do the same things in every touring complete language.

So it's mostly a matter of what style you prefer.

In .NET, you'd just call Color.FromName().

You go to great length to explain to us that everything is possible in .NET, too. What I'd be more interested in is: Are people actually *writing* such code in .NET? Because we do so all the time.

Anyway - if the capabilities are as similar as you say, what's the problem here? Just the square brackets? :)

Andreas