Yes.

For detailed guidance, buy Aaron Hillegass's book Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X, and go through it from beginning to end, doing every exercise and every challenge. I have done that with the first two editions and am about to do it with the third, and I promise you it's a good way to learn and re-learn Cocoa. Based on that I'm now gainfully employed writing an iPhone application.