Sorry Josh, I had not read your initial "Cocoa, C++, Keyboard input and Timers" post. I assumed you were just a Mac newbie and wasn't aware of your "multitude of obstacles".

Maybe you can use a cross-platform GUI toolkit? There is wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/ ), FLTK (http://www.fltk.org/), and probably more. I have not used any of them, so can't offer any advice, but their approach might make it easier to develop your UI.

You might also consider using WebKit for your Mac UI. Then the actual UI code could be developed in HTML/JavaScript. (You would use the JavaScript/Cocoa bindings to interact with the application.) You still need to get the WebKit control up in a window though, so you might still need to use IB. But maybe there's a Carbon way to do something that simple? (I haven't used Carbon either.)

- Rush