On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Josh de Lioncourt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Louis and Andy,
>
> I'm certainly looking at this suggestion, but another developer suggested
> that I may be better served by hooking into the keyboard input functionality
> of OpenGL.  Assuming that have focus on an NSWindow doesn't interfere with
> such an implementation, I'd be able to accomplish the input through a
> non-platform specific API, potentially making my code even more portable
> between Windows and OS X.
>
> Is there any reason why I shouldn't consider OpenGL for input?

Personally avoid GLUT. It isn't well designed for any serious
application development.

Use a simple Cocoa application shell to host your OpenGL engine or as
a secondary choice consider SDL (sorry not following this thread 100%
so I really don't have a clear picture of the application you are
trying to develop). Anyway you may get better assistance on the
Mac-Games-Dev list.

-Shawn