From: Jens Alfke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:35 PM
To: Matthew Youney
Cc: Graham Cox; Cocoa
Subject: Re: Newbie interface questions - multiple "modal" windows

On 17 Jun '08, at 7:30 AM, Matthew Youney wrote:

> This certainly can be easily done using a tab control.  The downside
> is that
> the entire NIB is loaded at once, adversely affecting performance/
> resources.

Have you found this to be true in actual operation, or do you just
suspect that it would be slow? I think it would take a very complex
nib, with hundreds of controls, to cause an objectionable pause on
load. Especially since it sounds like you'd load this when the
application first launches and keep it around thereafter.

There are other valid reasons for using multiple nibs - it keeps them
simpler and easier to work with - but don't let premature optimization
alone dictate what you do.

-Jens