> On Feb 12, 2016, at 9:16 AM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 12, 2016, at 07:04 , Michael de Haan <m...@comcast.net
> <mailto:m...@comcast.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Ideally, I would like to omit the outlet/programmtically binding steps and
>> bind the treeControllers selection in IB to my local variable. So, the
>> “clunkiness” was a referral to the outlets and programmatic binding.
>> However, I am unable to find a “selection” binding in IB that would make it
>> possible.
>
> I went through the following steps:
>
> 1. Added a new view controller scene to a storyboard.
>
> 2. Added a tree controller to the scene.
>
> 3. Selected the tree controller and displayed the Bindings inspector.
>

> It shows bindings arranged into 4 sections (Availability, Controller Content,
> Controller Content Parameters, and Parameters). The first binding in the
> third section is Selection Index Paths. Isn’t this what you’re looking for?
> Or are you not seeing that?

No Indeed I see that… but I could not get from that binding to the actual
instance of my model. There does not seem to be an
“Array.ObjectAtThisIndexPath" which I think you are alluding to? Ie bind this
to a local variable (indexPaths) and derive the instance of the model from
this? Maybe  I need to look at the index paths a little more closely to see if
I can discern some pattern that would do what you are suggesting?