My app is mostly C++ (because it’s cross platform) with Carbon on the UI edges,
and the absolute minimum required ObjectiveC++ to make it work.  (please no
discussion about why this is stupid / i should write a modern app etc)

So I need to programmatically instantiate an NSTouchBar, somehow

i do have a “MainController” which is just an NSObject, and a literally empty
nib i COULD put something into.

but i do NOT have an NSView or NSViewController to connect the touch bar to,
and i’d prefer not to have to use any storyboard if i can avoid it (of course i
will if it can’t be avoided)

how do i go about just creating an NSTouchBar in objC and having it show up and
respond to taps?