On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 13:51:14 -0700, you wrote:

>When committing to 64 bit Apple said NO to Carbon but YES to Cocoa and YES to
>Core Foundation and YES to a lot of other stuff. The OS still has the XNU
>(Mach) Kernel and FreeBSD (written in C & C++), the Cocoa frameworks (base
>layer written in Objective-C), Swift and lots of other stuff. From my point of
>view I do not see Apple sweeping away Objective-C and the Cocoa frameworks any
>time soon.

Just because Apple may need to keep Objective-C around for the
frameworks doesn't mean they will continue to allow applications to be
written in it.

All they need to do is either eliminate the option (stop shipping the
Objective-C compiler), or do so by requiring all applications to have
something that is only available via Swift.