> Its not Apples fault if you were not aware.  They were both highly talked
about during their respective WWDC events.

The vast majority of developers do not go to the WWDC and do not have time
to watch the dozens (hundreds?) of hours of videos to maybe find something
relevant about the future of macOS dev. If that's how Apple communicates
their future plans then Apple has a communication problem.

Companies like Adobe, Microsoft, etc, announce their plans publicly years
in advance. They have dedicates pages, blog posts, social media
announcements with dates of when these EOL changes will happen. For example
Adobe announced in 2017 it would kill the Flash Player by 2020.

Personally I didn't know about 32 bits EOL until I heard about it with
Mojave user alerts, less than 2 years before Catalina was released. It
didn't impact me, but it did impact many companies that are still
struggling with it. For example the vast majority of audio software
companies are still communicating to its users to not update to Catalina.
Huge audio companies like Native Instruments are still struggling with this.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001890378-macOS-10-15-Catalina-Compatibility-with-Native-Instruments-Products

Do you know for certain when Apple will stop shipping OpenGL with macOS?
Probably not. Most likely it will be announced less than a year before it
happens.