> On Nov 19, 2019, at 6:24 PM, Pier Bover via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
>> When/if Apple decides to deprecate Cocoa they will announce it many years
>> ahead of time
>>

> Like they did with 32 bits and OpenGL deprecation?

The 32 bit depreciation has had a lot of discussion on this thread.

Although depreciated OpenGL and related dynamic libraries are still present in
system frameworks on macOS Catalina. I have an app that depends on OpenGL and
GLU and it runs fine on Catalina.

OpenGL was release 27 years ago and is used extensively in many technical
fields. Perhaps this is why Apple has not yet removed these libraries from the
system and GPU vendors still support the OpenGL compatibility profile.

--Richard Charles