> On Nov 20, 2019, at 2:16 PM, Jean-Daniel via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
> If Obj-C is dead, why is Apple still adding new language extensions (and not
> minor one) ?
>
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/d4e1ba3fa9dfec2613bdcc7db0b58dea490c56b1
>
> <https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/d4e1ba3fa9dfec2613bdcc7db0b58dea490c56b1>

Oh neat, this is basically non-virtual methods for Objective-C. Useful for
optimization of internal methods — not just because the call is faster, but
because the method body is now inlineable.

I remember talk of this inside Apple way back when (early 2000s) but at the
time IIRC it was considered too dangerous to be worth the performance gain.
These days it's probably even more of a win because of LTO.

—Jens