INCREDIBLY ridiculous! If I weren’t paid well and have a great, fulfilling job
working on all of Apple’s platforms, I’d be tempted to make a competitive
version of some of these develops’ apps to show how the difficulty in doing so
is blown so out of proportion!

It sounds like some people need to join a weekend hackathon to exercise their
skills! For a fun one, do a search for Flickr SharkFeed.
--
Gary L. Wade
http://www.garywade.com/