Kyle Hi
On 25 Jul 2008, at 18:49, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM, julius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I want to defer loading a window/panel plus controller and related code by
using bundles.

Do you really not want to include the code inside your executable?
Bundles are typically used by the application developer when the
existence of the code must be conditional or is not known at compile
time, like OS-version-dependent features or enabling third-party
plugins.  If your aim is to use bundles to keep code out of your
executable, don't.  It doesn't give you anything; your code still sits
in quadruplicate on the disk whether it's part of your main executable
or a dylib.  Keep whatever object instances you can in a lazily-loaded
nib, but don't undergo the hassle of using bundles for no reason.
Thanks for the advice.
What I have seen on the web seemed to indicate that bundles are a really good way of splitting up code development etc. I like keeping code compartamentalised and bundles looked like a good way to do it. But I also have the memory of someone else being advised on this list to keep away from bundles. That plus the hastle of working with what to me looks like out of date documentation....
I think you have made my mind up for me.
Thanks.
Julius

http://juliuspaintings.co.uk