On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think this is an abuse of bundles, even though it's may not be that
> common anymore.  If you look at
> http://www.stone.com/The_Cocoa_Files/Thanks_A_Bundle_.html or the source for
> CVL [1], I think you'll find bundles used in this way.

Note though that the article you reference is about developing an
add-in for optional functionality, which is also what CVL uses bundles
for.  A lot of applications do this, especially ones like the Adobe
CS3 suite.  But that's often because the functionality they're
bundling exists on the same side of the architectural divide as
third-party plugins.

>>I *still* can't find mention of
>>@executable_path in the official documentation, despite its
>>criticality for certain functionality.
>
> Really?
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Adeveloper.apple.com+%40executable_path&btnG=Search
>  turns up a number of relevant things, as does a full-text search of "All Doc
> Sets" in Xcode.  "Dynamic Library Design Guidelines" covers both of these (or
> at least it mentions them :).

As of a few months ago, there was only one mention of @executable_path
in the docs, and none prior to that.  @loader_path was nicely
documented, though.  Before posting I Googled "@executable_path" and
"@executable_path macro" and the only hits on the first page were for
mailing list posts, source code, or other outside references, which is
the only way I discovered the macro in the first place.

--Kyle Sluder