On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM, julius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I have seen on the web seemed to indicate that bundles are a really
> good way of splitting up code development etc.
> I like keeping code compartamentalised and bundles looked like a good way to
> do it.

This is not what bundles are intended for.  Bundles are ways of
program requirements, not the development environment.  From a
development perspective, when your code gets loaded into your process
should be orthogonal to your environment.  Nothing prevents you from
splitting your code into multiple projects that all get compiled into
one executable in the end, achieving your compartmentalization without
abusing the dynamic loader.

> But I also have the memory of someone else being advised on this list to
> keep away from bundles.
> That plus the hastle of working with what to me looks  like out of date
> documentation....

You may be right; it's certainly incomplete.  One thing it
historically hasn't addressed well is the use of macros such as
@executable_path and @loader_path.  I *still* can't find mention of
@executable_path in the official documentation, despite its
criticality for certain functionality.

> I think you have made my mind up for me.

Never let anyone decide for you.  I'm more than happy to inform your
decisions, but I'm just some dude on the Intertron.  :)

> Thanks.

Good luck!
--Kyle Sluder