On Jul 25, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

I *still* can't find mention of
@executable_path in the official documentation, despite its
criticality for certain functionality.

Really? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site% 3Adeveloper.apple.com+%40executable_path&btnG=Search turns up a number of relevant things, as does a full-text search of "All Doc Sets" in Xcode. "Dynamic Library Design Guidelines" covers both of these (or at least it mentions them :).

As of a few months ago, there was only one mention of @executable_path
in the docs, and none prior to that.  @loader_path was nicely
documented, though.  Before posting I Googled "@executable_path" and
"@executable_path macro" and the only hits on the first page were for
mailing list posts, source code, or other outside references, which is
the only way I discovered the macro in the first place.

--Kyle Sluder

I have a local copy of the documentation on Tiger. The docs are pretty old at this point, but I see that @executable_path is discussed in the documents "Framework Programming Guide", "Dynamic Library Programming Topics", and "Mach-O Programming Topics".

-Jeff