Good afternoon!

I am trying to learn Cocoa and am having difficulty remembering which direction to CTRL-drag controls to wire up the controls in Interface Builder. For example, dragging from my button to my App Controller (NSObject) or vice versa. Does anyone have a way to explain this that might make it stick?

It seems to me that a button should make a call to my App Controller when the click event is fired; therefore I should CTRL-drag FROM the button TO the NSObject. This would allow me to select the appropriate Received Action (ie, "doSomething", etc."). However, if I need to do something with a text box (read from it) and a table view (insert an item), I should go the other way... since I'm going to fetch from the text field and then insert into the NSArray that is feeding the text view.

Sorry for such a noob question. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and assistance.

-- Greg