Luke / Randall,

Thanks for replying. I did not want to embarrass Mr. Hillegass with my ignorance, but his book IS the one I am trying to follow. I am currently working on his "To Do List" example in Chapter 6 (page 110).

In my example, I have the following items in my App Controller class:

        Text Field (along with an IBOutlet)
        Button (along with an IBOutlet)
        Table View (along with an IBOutlet)
        Mutable Array instance variable

My concern is whether or not the DIRECTION in which I CTRL-drag the objects. For example, if do I drag from the Button object to the App Controller or do I CTRL-drag from the App Controller to the Button?

I'm coming from a C# / .NET environment. While there ARE visual design tools involved, it is much more manual. For example, adding a Button to a Form creates the implmentation in the source file. Double- clicking the control then creates the event handler for the object. Anything that you may want to do is handled programatically.

Basically, since I cannot see what is happening under the hood, I'm beginning to second-guess that the calls will be made in the right direction.

I hope that made sense. Again, my apologies for such a noob-ish question.

Thanx,
Fred