On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Greg Deward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Luke / Randall,
>
> Thanks for replying.  I did not want to embarrass Mr. Hillegass with my
> ignorance, but his book IS the one I am trying to follow.  I am currently
> working on his "To Do List" example in Chapter 6 (page 110).
>
> In my example, I have the following items in my App Controller class:
>
>        Text Field (along with an IBOutlet)
>        Button (along with an IBOutlet)
>        Table View (along with an IBOutlet)
>        Mutable Array instance variable
>
> My concern is whether or not the DIRECTION in which I CTRL-drag the objects.
>  For example, if do I drag from the Button object to the App Controller or
> do I CTRL-drag from the App Controller to the Button?

Think of it this way: The object that you drag FROM is the object
whose attributes you are changing.

So, dragging from a button to its target is roughly equivalent to calling:
[button setTarget: theTargetObject]

and dragging from, for instance, a view controller to its view is
equivalent to calling:
[viewController setView: theView]

--
Clark S. Cox III