With new versions of IB, it's not even necessary to remember. Simply right-click on an object and it will bring up a HUD with the list of outlets or sent messages or whatever you need. Alternatively, you can view this list in the outlets tab of the inspector window.

Even if the outlet you need is in a different object than the one you've selected, you can just drag from the "new referencing outlet" option to the object with that outlet. Using this right-click technique, selection is possible in either direction.

Luke