On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Brian Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can tell you that the majority of iPhone developers are refusing to use
> IB.  The reasons I usually see are

I didn't get the implication that the OP was doing iPhone development.
 In fact, I'd be very surprised if he were, considering the situation
he described.

> It's one more thing to learn.

It's part of the platform.  (Well, more accurately, it's part of
developing with AppKit.)

> It's not as good as GUI builders on other platforms.

I think your statement is very incorrect, in part because IB is
nothing like GUI builders on other platforms.  IB doesn't generate
code, it instantiates objects and archives them.  This is the primary
hurdle people with experience on other platforms run into.  Barring
that, I'd like to see an example of a GUI builder that you think is
superior to IB, even for all its bugs and flaws.

> Generating a UI in code gives more control.

Generating a UI in code introduces a much larger margin for error for
little to no added benefit.  With exceedingly rare exception, there is
nothing you can do to lay out your interface in code that you can't do
in IB.

> For a long time IB was buggy and incomplete for iPhone development so
> developers got used to generating their UIs without it.

Since I'm not talking about iPhone development I will accept your
point prima facie.  The rest of your points are therefore superfluous.

--Kyle Sluder