On 17 Dec 2008, at 15:29, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

Le 17 déc. 08 à 16:19, Dave a écrit :

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for this. I was using PM version 3.0.2, I hadn't realized that there was a new version of XCode available, for some reason I thought it would auto-magically detect a new version and offer to update itself. Anyway I downloaded the latest and installed it, so I now have PM 3.0.3. Using this version I was able to re-create your experience!

------------------

Anyway, these problems went away with 3.0.3. I now have four remaining problems:

1. The folder I drag into the PM window has a custom icon on it. This does not get copied correctly, when installed it is just a plain folder. I am guessing it's because the Icon hidden file it's copied over or re-created correctly. No big deal.

If you set /Application/AppFolder as destination, the AppFolder is created by the installer, and so, the Custom Icon Finder flag will not be set on it.

2. When I run the Install Package after the Initial Screen and clicking "Continue", I get to the Screen where is says - Standard Install on "VolumeName", there is a button that says "Change Install Location", if I press it brings up a list of all mounted volumes (including iPod's!). I can't seem to find a way to get rid of this, I just want it be be installed in "/Applications" on the System Volume and nowhere else. This is much more of a problem.

In the Distribution settings, there is a "System Volume" check box and a "Volume Selected by user" check box.

Yes, I have this set on, but it still displays the button. I have:

Easy Install Only
Volume Selected by User                 Off
System volume                           On
User Home Directory                     Off

3. Empty folders do not seem to be installed and I can't seem to find a way to enable the installation of empty folders. This a significant problem too.

4. .DS_Store files are included in the install package unless you un-check them. No Big Deal.

I think the .DS_Stores files are filtered at build time (using the File Filters… settings).

Ok, thanks, there was a check-box on version 2, I was looking for it on version 3, looks like it's gone to the great bit-bucket in the sky.

I have posted at the installer list, but no replies, in fact apart from my messages, there has only been one other message posted in over 24 hours! More of a ghost-list!

All the Best
Dave