(1) The subject: "Re: Core Data dog-slow when using first time after boot"

(2) contains the key phrase "dog slow when using first time after boot"

(3) I know that Rosetta only "starts" once and takes a lot of time, but not until the first non-native code hits.

(4) also, one post from tito indicating seeing slow sqlite without core data, this logically changes the subject to "dog-slow when using first time after boot"

(5) tito was close with "warmupfile" workaround (is sqlite native???)

(6) none of the apple performance tips attempted apply - they won't because its a environment startup issue not an app runtime issue

(7) Extremely easy to test - less time than this email.

(8) I got bored watching no progress

(9) I thought I would venture a guess based on Rosetta experience

(10) no number ten, bored now.

"sounds like" is a guess, not a conclusion

A guess based on logic and deduction, my Dear Watson.  :-)

Gary