The sqlite question was a reference to tito saying his experience was "years ago" when the possibility of a non-native sqlite on an intel machine was absolutely real and significantly less surprising. You may know, but I have no idea what versions are installed on any given system, much less the OP's, responders, etc (you can execute PPC frameworks onto an Intel machine, yes?) what frameworks are in play, etc; and simply pose the question.

Actually, I, #3 is the real hinge point you missed, totally irrespective of sqlite:

(3) I know that Rosetta only "starts" once and takes a lot of time, but not until the first non-native code hits.

Any non-native code will trigger Rosetta.

Plus, it was just a suggestion. A very easy to test suggestion that can eliminate the Rosetta possibility in two reboots and potentially a lot of needless work=manhours=$$$. If it ain't Rosetta, fine... off into the depths of analysis and recoding (always a good idea) ... if it is Rosetta then one can better identify the offending ppc code chunk, update it and move on.

Sorry to waste your time shooting down my suggestion - obviously experts "know" somehow that it can't possibly be Rosetta and are looking elsewhere in solving this with greater rapidity.

gary