I got that, Bill, thank you.

The OP did not specify what particular sql store (we still do NOT know) nor if he is compiled Universal, has any helper programs, etc, he did however, describe symptoms I have seen with Rosetta. So I simply proposed checking that no PPC code was being engaged. Simple to do.

My whole deal was about any PPC tasks in the OP's product's chain of execution, as I.S. selectively missed then exaggerated the off topic point (#5 of 8) in his surgical excerpt of my detailed response to his questioning of my suggestion to the OP proving me wrong, perhaps for even suggesting PPC in the first place. Yeccch. :-P

I should not have questioned sqllite --- even I.S. knows that came from a different person sharing their experience, NOT the OP... the real task is improving the OP's startup time after boot. For that he needs more than just native code.

Gary