On Jan 10, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Julien Jalon wrote:

> You have Instruments for that (ObjectAlloc instrument or Zombie/leaks
> templates). Also under certain conditions, you have the static analyzer.

There's not a lot of options when running your project causes Instruments (or
ObjectAlloc) to crash (I'm working on some pretty large projects, and yes, the
crashes have been reported as bugs).

Zombie told us nothing. The project just didn't crash any more -- it only told
us that the autoreleased object was a zombie.  Gee, we already knew that...

As far as "the" autorelease pool, yes I know that we can nest them, but I
really only care about the *current* autorelease pool at the time of the
release.  Finding the offending release used nested autorelease pools -- the
problem was something like five levels deep in our calling chain, and was quite
separated from the "offending" autorelease pool drain in both time and code
distance.

--
Glenn L. Austin, Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver         <><
<http://www.austin-soft.com>