On 28.02.2010, at 17:48, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:

Try scheduling it for the next iteration of the run loop.

[mainWindow performSelector:@selector(makeKeyAndOrderFront:) withObject:nil afterDelay:0.0];

Really the problem was not in the scheduling but just in the scope of the message - it works only within the same process. Therefore what we need to do is to activate the process itself. To do it we must use activateIgnoringOtherApps: message of the NSApplication class. In my case this is the only what is required, as I have only one window, when I drop a file into it.