Yeah I could experiment with Method Swizzling but that is just playing dirty. I
will follow your advice and just move away from this implementation into
something nicer like a dictionary. After all I can always do

[dict valueForKey:[ob objectId]]; to get the same result as [set member:ob]

Thank you very much for Clark, Thomas and Jens.
Regards to all,

Alejandro Rodríguez