Daniel,

Method swizzling is fine for debugging purposes, but should not be used in
production code. This has already been said by some people who really,
really know what they're talking about.

And it's *very* dangerous to swizzle something on NSString. The first reason
(of many) that comes to mind, is that most of Apple's own internal
Objective-C frameworks are using NSStrings, in ways and situations you can't
predict. So by advising someone to mess with NSString's implementation, you
are advising them to potentially break their app in countless ways (possibly
even data-corrupting ones) and then send that app to unsuspecting users. Not
a great piece of advise, in my book.

-Steven

--
Steven Degutis