Quincey,

Now, that's the kind of answer I needed, even if it doesn't really get me where
I want! At least, it stops me from pursuing something too difficult, impossible
or undesirable.

On 05/05/2010, at 14:17, Quincey Morris wrote:

> And that points to your real problem -- what you want *isn't* a segmented
> control. Segment controls have their segment labels inside the segments, not
> below them, which is why (for example) what looks like a segmented control in
> Mail (Reply -- Reply All -- Forward) isn't one.

I am sure a lot of people think it is a NSSegmentedControl. Is there a way to
know this for sure? I mean, you seem to really know it, but how did you do?

> If you want it to look like the Mail toolbar, then you can't use a segmented
> control, and you're going to have to do some work. I don't know offhand how
> to get items with no space between them. Maybe that's what toolbar groups are
> for -- I've never had occasion to use them.

For now, I am going the "cheap trick" route and using spaces to make it look
like multiple labels, as advised by Brian Postow. That's what I did in the
first design and I can live with that.

I'll research about NSToolbarItemGroups some other day and post the results
here. I have things to get done now. ;)

Thanks everybody for the help (or for trying)!

Cheers,