On May 27, 2010, at 12:43 PM, Bill Appleton wrote:

> *4)** **I **can't call the printing code*
>
> I know, the printing code calls me. But other platforms don't work like
> this. I eventually used Core Printing and the Cocoa dialogs by sub-classing
> and faking out NSPrintPanel. Is there a better way?

Can you be more specific? Have you looked at NSPrintOperation
setShowsPrintPanel: ?

> *5)** **I **can't create a simple list*
>
> I did it the only way I could -- with a table that has one column, etc. Man
> that was painful for a simple list. Is there a better way?

As others have said, but I'll reiterate, bindings make this ridiculously easy.

> *6)** **I **can't get the height of some wrapped text*
>
> I had to use the layout manager and some major rocket science to get this to
> work right. I'm not saying Text Edit was great, but at least it knows how
> tall the text field is.

I have a method for doing this and once the initial data is created and cached,
it takes 4 lines of code to calculate the height of text for a width. While
it's not as obvious as -[NSAttributedString size], I certainly wouldn't
consider it rocket science :). I believe the code originated from Apple's docs
too.

Kevin